Skin Needling for Stretchmarks, Wrinkles and Scars
What is Skin Needling for Scars, Wrinkles, and Stretchmarks?
Dragonfly Ink is one of the few tattoo studios in San Francisco to offer Skin Needling as an effective, natural, gentler alternative to laser resurfacing. Skin Needling goes by a number of names including “needle abrasion,” “intradermabrasion,” and “percutaneous collagen induction.”
Needling is used for:
• Evening out stretch marks from pregnancy or weight loss
• Smoothing acne and pock scars on the face and body
• Smoothing scars from chicken pox or picked scab
• Plumping up wrinkles on the face, neck, and hands
• Reducing large pores on the face
A sophisticated technique, Skin Needling promotes the body’s natural production of collagen and pigment-producing cells called melacantis. Skin Needling an all-natural, non-evasive process that rejuvenates the skin – similar to laser resurfacing but without the harsh damage to the epidermis.
Skin Needling works by making microscopic punctures in the epidermis. This stimulates the body’s natural wound-healing process, breaks up old collagen strands in scars and wrinkles, produces natural collagen and melanocytes, and results in smoother skin.
Skin Needling is not for a solution for:
• Dark or red scars (see scar tattooing page for other options)..