Skin Needling and Red/Infrared LED Therapy for Scars, Stretchmarks, and Wrinkles
How does LED light therapy work?
- accelerate the production of collagen and elastin
- increase cellular permeability, allowing for increased cellular nutrient intake
- increase the removal of excess fluid and waste products from the cells
- increase the production of macrophage (scavenger) cells for the removal of toxins/excess pigment/scar tissue
- increase vascularization (blood flow) to the surface of the skin
LED therapy is used in conjunction with Skin Needling for optimum results in reducing scars and winkles.
What is Skin Needling for Scars, Wrinkles, and Stretchmarks?
Dragonfly Ink is one of the few tattoo studios in San Francisco to offer Skin Needling as an effective, natural, gentler alternative to laser resurfacing. Skin Needling goes by a number of names including “needle abrasion,” “intradermabrasion,” and “percutaneous collagen induction.”
Skin Needling us used to smooth out scars, minimize wrinkles, and to even the tone of the skin by bringing more tone to lighter skin discolorations. A sophisticated technique, Skin Needling promotes the body’s natural production of collagen and pigment-producing cells called melacantis. Skin Needling an all-natural, non-evasive process that rejuvenates the skin – similar to laser resurfacing but without the harsh damage to the epidermis.
Skin Needling works by making microscopic punctures in the epidermis. This stimulates the body’s natural wound-healing process, breaks up old collagen strands in scars and wrinkles, produces natural collagen and melanocytes, and results in smoother skin.
Skin Needling is for:
• Scars from most surgeries or injuries,
• White or light colored scars,
• Scars from chicken pox or picked scabs,
• Acne and pock scars on the face and body,
• Stretch marks from pregnancy or weight loss,
• Wrinkles on the face, neck, and hands, and
• Large pores on the face.
Skin Needling is not for a solution for:
• Dark or red scars (see scar tattooing page for other options).